W hen Basil was rescued after a vehicle mangled her hind legs leaving her with shattered bones, we worried whether she would ever walk again. However, clearly Basil didn’t share our concerns and concentrated on making an incredibly speedy recovery! Now in the peak of fitness and with hardly a limp to show from her accident, she is looking for a loving home to call her own.
Fantastic with both dogs and humans, Basil would fit well into a calm, loving home environment where she could be given the love and care she so deserves.
All animals adopted from HAS are or will be sterilised for free at the ABC and Rescue Centre. It is mandatory and entirely free of cost for the adopter. Basil's sterilised.
The monthly expense for a dog in the care of HAS is INR 4000 (USD 50). If you are interested in sponsoring Basil, partially or fully, please click the sponsor button below to receive more information.Sponsor
Adoption means taking responsibility for the animal, and providing the animal with their forever home. HAS offers extensive support for the adopter, and free lifetime treatment for the animal.Adopt
Fostering means nurturing the animal in your premises until they can move to a permanent home. This will usually take a few weeks. HAS is offering extended support throughout the foster period.Foster
+91 97 91 53 22 66
The procedure for adopting or fostering an animal from HAS varies from animal to animal and from person to person, but the following steps are always involved one way or the other.
1. Let us know of your interest in whichever way suits you the best.
2. We will arrange for you to visit your preferred animal at their home at the Sanctuary or ABC and Rescue Centre.
3. We will discuss in person with you the practicalities of adopting/fostering an animal.
4. You will ensure that all your family members affected by the adoption/fostering are in agreement, and that they will do their best to promote the interests of the animal.
5. We will do a house visit to ensure that you and the animal would be comfortable living with each other there. If necessary, we will advise on ways to adjust the living quarters to suit the animal.
6. You will pick up the animal from its present location, or, if possible, we will drop the animal at your house.
7. You will bring the animal to the ABC and Rescue Centre for yearly free health check-ups that include vaccinations.
8. Should you experience any problems at any point in the life of the animal, you should never hesitate in contacting HAS.